How to Make Paper Chain Caterpillar
Paper caterpillars are so much fun and easy to make. Give it a try and keep your kiddos busy for a while!
Today you will learn how to make a caterpillar using paper chain. It is an easy and fun way of decorating the house for parties and celebrations!
Did you know that:
- Caterpillars have 3 body parts: the head, the thorax, and the abdomen
- Most caterpillars are plant eaters
- A butterfly was a caterpillar before becoming an adult
Let’s get started!
What you need:
- 2 different sheets of color paper – choose any color you like
- Scissors (child safe scissors for peace of mind)
- Wiggly eyes or the marker to paint them on
- Black marker
10 Easy Steps:
- Cut 20 strips of paper (10 of each color) about 3 cm wide and 30 cm long
- Make your first strip into a ring and glue it together
- Take another strip of different color and slide it through the first ring and glue it into a ring
- Continue the process until you have used all of your stripes
- Take a different color paper and cut another strip of paper 4 cm wide and 30 cm long – this will be the head
- Slide the head through the last ring and make it into a ring
- Cut 2 strips of paper about 0.5 cm wide and 5 cm long – these will be the antennas
- Glue the antennas on top of the head
- Glue wiggly eyes to the caterpillar
- Take your black marker and draw a mouth
Here you go!
Your caterpillar is ready for playing!
Discover the Determination in You
Welcome to Space, little hero! Join the Impossible Possible Team on an amazing trip through the Cosmos. Get ready for an adventure among the stars.
Discover the Courage in You
Go on a journey under the bright streetlights as you discover the secrets in a magical city. Just be careful because there are shadows looming all around.
Discover the Leader in You
On this adventure, you’ll find yourself in a strange world with talking trees and turtle kings. Making your way across hills and through the forest, you’ll meet great new friends.