A Fun List of Summer Activities for Children
There are several ways to spend their time amazingly, and these might differ in terms of ‘noise’, price, and ‘quality’.
Summer is probably the best season of our little stars, as they have the entire days playing and having fun. They enjoy meeting up with their friends, watching their favorite TV shows, sleeping less, and doing more. And even though we are jealous of all this free time they have, it makes us happy to see them being active and busy on their favorite things! Don’t forget, that after an overwhelming school year, this is all they are waiting for, and we can’t wait for it too!
There are several ways to spend their time amazingly, and these might differ in terms of ‘noise’, price, and ‘quality’. The list below is based on our experience with our children during this summer so far, and you could apply it this August, and every day you spend with your kids till next summer. We promise, you will have a great time together… or apart!
Here we go. Enjoy!
1. Have a picnic in the park
2. Go on a camping by the sea
3. Lay on the ground and make shapes out of the stars (Alternatively, identify the shapes of the clouds.)
4. Visit an art, history, or science museum (Depending on your kid’s taste.)
5. Bake cookies together and decorate them with sugar-paste and sprinkles
6. Draw a family’s member portrait or your own
7. Write and illustrate the (first) book of your everlasting sequel: “My Summer Diary”
8. Visit a place you’ve never been before, take photos, and make a collage to tell a story about it
9. Start a collection of sea-shells or colorful sea-stones
10. Organize or attend a treasure hunting event
11. Play water-balloon baseball
12. Fly a (D.I.Y.) kite
13. Challenge yourself to read as many books as you can
14. Build the biggest sand-castle in history
15. Do something you’ve never done before (It could be a water-sport or anything else you like!)
16. Try original ice-cream flavors (Candy-floss is our favorite!)
17. Visit a zoo and learn everything about your favorite animal
18. Make a new true friend
19. Develop a new power-skill (Determination is one the champions have!)
20. Have a (colored) foam shower
21. Create a jungle out of origami-paper-made animals
22. Make your very own (glitter) slime
23. Organize or attend a water-balloon fight (Alternatively, a colored-powder fight.)
24. Tell your family how much you love them
25. Exchange anonymous letters with your family members, telling them something about you, in order to guess who you are
26. Play hide and seek together
27. Go for a family bike ride (Alternatively, for a horse ride.)
28. Discover and develop a new hobby
29. Establish the Walky-Talky Hour to have amazing conversations while walking in the street or anyplace
30. Do something kind for a stranger (Offer your bus-seat to an elder person, give flowers to the sick children in the hospital, offer a poor person a generous meal! etc.)
31. Have a car-wash together
32. Make the most delicious milkshakes in the world (Alternatively, squeeze some lemons to make a very refreshing lemonade!)
33. Learn how to introduce yourself in at least 5 new languages
34. Plant a tree and name it after your name or anything else you like
35. Make some yummy fish-shaped pancakes
36. Organize or attend an outdoor movie screening
37. Do the shopping together and buy something you’ve never bought before to try it
38. Make incredible Jello Aquariums in Jello cups
39. Create a wave bottle out of colored sand
40. Create a personalized superhero cape out of a T-shirt
41. Mix the plots of two stories you know and ask your friends to identify them
42. Learn to play your favorite song’s refrain on a music instrument
43. Play a scene of the book you are currently reading, together
44. Do your very first homemade video or audio recording of singing, dancing, or ‘TV presenting’
45. Invite the families of your kids’ friends at home to spend the day together
Discover the Determination in You
Welcome to Space, little hero! Join the Impossible Possible Team on an amazing trip through the Cosmos. Get ready for an adventure among the stars.
Discover the Courage in You
Go on a journey under the bright streetlights as you discover the secrets in a magical city. Just be careful because there are shadows looming all around.
Discover the Leader in You
On this adventure, you’ll find yourself in a strange world with talking trees and turtle kings. Making your way across hills and through the forest, you’ll meet great new friends.