5 Ways to Encourage Your Child to Read
Books are portable magic! Reading books helps the child develop imagination.
Children are exhibiting increasing signs of attention issues worldwide. These children will choose playing a short game over reading a book if they have the choice. This contributes to further decrease in their attention span. As a result, they miss out on the rewards of focusing and reading.
Children reach a point of paralysis over analysis, due to the constant stimulation and options. There is a point where in our effort to do everything, nothing gets done.
How to encourage your child to read?
- Promoted a reading friendly culture at home. Eliminate loud constant noises, bad lighting and other external stimulation. All these steps can help build a healthy, calm environment to focus and read.
- Encourage regular reading of books at school and at home. Pick a time where you can read with them, or everyone reads their own book and later you can discuss what you liked about the books.
- Parents should begin sharing book suggestions with other parents.
- Find out what books your child enjoys reading, and support their access to books on those topics.
- Make it a fun activity to go to local bookstores and discover new books.
Create your own customized book now, where your child can see themselves walk through the story.